Monday, September 12, 2011

2 days down, 13 more to go

Well, one more day down!  I've had little pain today, mostly in my feet.  Banana for breakfast, carrots dipped in guacamole for lunch as well as some pineapple and strawberries.  Dinner was a salad with oil and vinegar dressing, a few bites of mashed potatoes I wasn't supposed to have and raisins for dessert.  Those few bites of potatoes actually made me feel full for the first time since starting this...and tasted SO good!

I realize a dilemna I have.  On the one hand, it would be nice if this drastic change in diet actually works.  I would love nothing more than to get off of my meds and to live a pain free life.  On the other hand, if it does work, I would be deprived of so many of the foods I enjoy.  I just don't know if I could make this my lifestyle. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I was impressed that any gp would even consider juicing! I am not sure this will work for you regarding the ra but like you, I sure hope it does. Did your doc mention anything about protein on this juicing plan? Just curious as we often get muscle wasting with ra and I was wondering if you could add protein powder to the juice? Protein also makes you feel more full. And welcome to the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete