Saturday, September 10, 2011

Juicing?? Really?

It has been a challenging week for me.  I have had terrible pain in my feet this week, as well as extreme fatigue.  I somehow managed to make it through the work week though.  I am finding it more and more difficult to function on the job.  I am a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant who works with children in a school setting.  I love what I do, but am finding that I lack the energy that I desperately need.

I went to my family doctor today, expecting to get a rx for prednisone.  I also needed a new script for ibuprofen 800 mg and vitamin D.  As it turns out, he has just watched the documentary, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead".  And he believes this is the answer for me, a juicing diet.  I must confess that I am a pessimist and a sceptic.  So, I am setting out to prove him wrong.  It would be nice if I am the one who gets proven wrong though.  I bought a juicer at Target today, as well as loads of fruits and veggies, so we'll see how this goes.  By the way, I am not keen on eating most veggies.  I am a picky eater, so not looking forward to this.

I am dreading the end of summer, as I love flip flop season.  My yellow box flip flops make walking less painful.  I did buy a pair of asics tennis shoes this week, and I am loving the gel cushioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment